Commemorative medals from points of interest in CZ
coinage 099SK

Rainerova chalet

GPS: 49.16694, 20.21861
QR kód obsahuje souřadnice místa pro snadné použití ve vašem mobilu.

It is the oldest chalet in the High Tatras. Ján Juraj Rainer built it in 1863. It was closed after the chalet Kamzík was built in 1884. Later, in 1998 it was renovated. Since that time it has been open for public as a place offering simple refreshment for tourists without accommodation. In the chalet, there is a small exposition of a history of porters, a collection of old equipment and ski. It is a precious treasury of original chalet architecture. An interesting tradition is a program of "bowing to the Three kings" at the Bethlehem (a folk group of children from Lendak village). The responsible authority for the chalet is Peter Petras.